Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Rain


It's been raining all day. It hasn't rained this much in long time, instead it snowed every time it could have rained. This reminds that Spring is coming, which half makes me sad and half makes me want warmth.
This winter, it's snowed so much, but I hardly got to go out in any of it. Funny how that happens, when it snows a lot, you don't have time to go out and when it doesn't snow at all, you have all the time in the world. I guess that's just how the universe goes. 
Now, the window is open, but I'm not cold and I can hear the rain dripping off the eves and pattering against the roof. I love sound of it, washing the world's worries away drop by drop.
I can smell the wet metal screen and the fresh rain and the slightly warm air. If I go over to the other room and look out, I can see how the raindrops make the water look patterned.
This morning, my sister made pancakes and I ate them with honey, sitting in the Studio (a room at the back of our house that we use for gaming and movies and stuff and it's right off the make-shift kitchen we're using currently), with my legs hanging out the open door, feeling the rain. It was lovely, even if I did have to dry the floor afterwards. 


No comments:

Post a Comment