A Ball
Creamy silk, soft satin
Faultless bows, frothy lace,
Golden, sparkling tiaras,
Chokers, dripping with jewels
Plaited bustles, velvety gloves
Starched suits, shiny black boots
Chalky wigs, smooth mustaches
Ticking pocket watches, gold chains
Tall top hats, silken breeches
Powdery cheeks, red lips
Pink blush, black eye shadow
Flawless skin, painted nails
Whirling couples,
Dizzy with celebration,
Tapping heels,
In rhythm with the soft music
Spinning shadows,
Dancing their own ball
On the marble
Old patrons, eyes sharp on their
Young, reckless charges
Coming-of-age princesses
Princes searching for love
Nobles and royalty,
Swirling together
In a Sea of
Billowing skirts
And stiff suits
Spinning shadows,
Dancing their own ball
On the marble
Old patrons, eyes sharp on their
Young, reckless charges
Coming-of-age princesses
Princes searching for love
Nobles and royalty,
Swirling together
In a Sea of
Billowing skirts
And stiff suits
So there it is. I'm quite proud of my way with words. I might post some more poems I wrote later on . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment