Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Camp NaNoWriMo

Sooo, Camp starts tomorrow. I'm not quite sure I'm ready and I'm getting all those pre-novel-writing-jitters.
I've figured out my plot and I'm really excited about it, but I'm scared I haven't done enough planning, like always. Oh well.
Anyways, so, my description is:
Annora isn't anything special as far as she knows; just another one of Evelyn's girls, spending her days washing tables and serving beer in the tavern. But when she meets Cadan, a street thief, things start to go wrong. Annora likes him a lot, finding his laid-back look at life intriguing
Soon, she finds that when she returns home each night, Annora is followed by a dark figure. She isn't quite sure if it's male or female or neither, just catches glimpses of a shadow-like form.
One night, she is caught by it, drugged and wakes up in a mansion, alone. There doesn't seem to be any doors or window to outside. Everything leads to another room on a blank wall. 
Rooms upon rooms upon rooms, so many rooms and all of them different. The House seems to go on forever, libraries and kitchens and bedrooms and attics and courtyards . . .
She finds things inside the mansion that intrigue her; ladders that move with a word, cabinets that have everything in them, a mailbox that delivers notes in seconds, flowers blossoming in the snow.
She slowly learns why she is wanted. She learns what she can do. She learns what the shadow needs from her.
But will she be able to fill that need? Can she? Or rather, will she?
 . . .
And that's it, my brilliant plot. I'm excited to write about the House, and all its rooms.
My word count goal is thirty-thousand, but depending on how busy I am, I might move it up to forty-thousand or down to twenty-five-thousand or twenty-thousand.
That being said, I'm actually quite nervous about how much time I'll have. Tomorrow, the first day, I'm going to go to the MET (which I'm really excited about because I miss that place!) and then the next week is the testing and Easter and then there are people's birthdays and stuff.
I just want to push it all aside and focus on writing . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment