Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

The Day of The Doctor

I've ignored you for quite some time, almost two weeks. Life's been pretty hectic, with Camp NaNo and the testing and the last stretch of work before the house is done. Oh yes, the house. It's coming along nicely now, because my dad got a coupon for a fridge at Sears and it expires on the twenty-second, so we have to get the floor in by then. Just painting and floor left, I suppose.
Anyways. Last night, I watched the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who. Let me tell you, it was amazing. Ten came back, which made me very, very, very fangirlishly happy. From here on, I will talk my mouth out about it, so I would suggest you not read past this point if you have not watched this amazing episode yet.
First, the War Doctor. He's played by John Hurt, the same actor who voices the Great Dragon in Merlin, so I couldn't help thinking about the Great Dragon the whole time I was watching it. He really showed how broken the Doctor was by the war. How he denied the title of 'doctor', because he was a warrior, not a doctor. Then, when Eleven and Ten saw him, you could see how much they regretted what they had done when they were him. How much they wanted to forget him. But just how much they knew there was nothing else to be done.
“Did you ever count how many children were on Gallifrey that day?” That line just broke my heart. The poor Doctor. He carried the weight of all those lives on his shoulders for four-hundred years. Imagine.
Clara was great in that episode, as always. It was awesome to have Ten back, especially since he got to meet Eleven.
Eleven: Timey wimey
Ten: I have no idea where he's getting that from.
Ah, Ten. You have no idea. But you will, oh you will. It was amazing to have my cute little Tennant back again. Rose was also back, well, not really, but her actor was. In the end, when the War Doctor said, “That bad wolf girl . . .”, Ten looked so confused, poor thing.
The War Doctor acted so different then the other two, but so the same. He acted like he was all grown up, while they were little children forms of the same person. But you know what they say, Eleven is the oldest and the youngest Doctor.
“Why do you two have to talk like children? Is there any shame in being grown up?”

So yes, I loved it. It made me cry and it made me laugh and you got love something that can make you do both those.

No comments:

Post a Comment