Hey guys! So I haven’t posted in like four months. More probably. I’m sorry, I’ve just been so goshdarn busy. No, I did not spend all that time reading Jules Verne and Keeper of Lost Cities (not to mention Blood of Olympus and Divergent, which I will post a review of soon). I spent it writing, cooking, and trying to get my life in order. Really, the only reason I can write this is because my siblings and my parents are out seeing Mockingjay in theaters and, due to the fact that I haven't read the books, I am home almost alone (my eldest brother is here too).
The 'getting my life in order' mostly means moving (besides the mental stuff which has been very complicated in the last months) Because, since Hurricane Sandy two years ago (holy waffles two years), me and my books and stuff as been stuck (along with four other girls) in the room that used to my brother’s in the upstairs of my house. This past year, the first floor has been fixed. We actually have tables now. And a couch. And an oven. No, not a tiny, unpredictable, counter top horror, a real oven. Yes, I am really that excited over an oven.
Anyway, there was lots of things to be done and siblings to move and it took like three months. But finally, I have a room. Not my own room, since I share the tiny thing with a sister (you get used to it in a house like mine), but almost. So then I had to move my things (or at least the tiny bit I had left from my old space, which was practically under water for like a week and a half after Sandy and needless to say not much survived) from the bins in the basement they had been stored in along with my sister’s things and organize it all and make the room functional.
But now it is! Mostly, anyway. We have our bookshelf done and that’s all that really matters, correct?
That, my dears, is my lovely bookshelf. Or one of them. There's another one but it's mostly comics, paperbacks and manga, so it's not as pretty. Actually, there's still another one but half of that is notebooks and scrapbook stuff. In case you were wondering, the red book that's cut off on the right is my omnibus of Jules Verne novels which is very pretty and you shall have a picture of the cover:

See, it's beautiful. And the inside has a really cool old map and the back has a compass and human bones engraved in it.
Also, on the left side, the two big books are the Hyrule Historia (which is almost completely cut off but I got a little green corner of it in) and the Avatar: The Last Airbender art book.
Speaking of Avatar, look at my Korra poster, which is the picture on the left. I got it from Comic Con last year. Or rather my sister grabbed a bunch and I got one of them. Which is awesome. Jealous?
Ahem. Enough showing you around my room. Most of it is done, but there are still things to do, stuff to organize, stuff to buy for it. And it took a long time even get this far. Which was part of what I was doing all this time.
Another part of what was keeping me busy and away was writing. I did NaNoWriMo in November and got in 50k again, although I was a bit more relaxed this year. Which meant I wrote 10k on the second to last day. But it turned out well and I got one third of the novel I'm working on done. I'll probably do another post about my novel later, so keep an eye out for that.
Oh right. Also. I turned thirteen. I'm a teenager now (my birthday was November 29th). I dunno how I'll like it, but for now it seems a little like I'm still twelve. Oops. Maybe that's due to the fact that I spent the first two weeks running around like a headless chicken trying to reach deadlines. I have a feeling this year isn't going to be great. Some optimist I am.
I also had a big research project and a boat load of homework and stuff to do before Christmas. Now I'm pretty good with schoolwork but I still have presents and banners and decorating to do for Christmas. Emphasis on the decorating because my brother's girlfriend is coming to stay with us for Christmas and I want everything to be pretty for her.
And my sister started playing Kingdom Hearts and I had to act as her companion for the jounry, as usual, so that took up quite a few afternoons.
Any time that wasn't spend moving, writing, watching video games, and finishing deadlines was spent reading, baking, and watching One Piece (which I did a lot of because it's over 600 episodes and I want to watch the whole darn thing). I've read a surprising amount of books in the last months, despite my busy schedule. They include the whole Divergent trilogy (which, despite the impression I got from other people, I really, really enjoyed), the Kane Chronicles, The Song of Lioness series (go Alanna!), Blood of Olympus (I bawled.), the Red Winter (which is over 700 pages and I read it in five hours flat. it was amazing), Paper Valentine (creeepy but really good), and a bunch of other stuff. And then I baked whenever I had time because did I mention the amazing fact that I have an oven to bake in? Learning to use a real oven has been a challenge, to tell the truth, though. Two years ago, I was too young to actually use the oven so the only thing I've used is the tiny devil we had for a long time. And then, whenever we had time, my sisters and I watched One Piece. And that also reminds me, we watched Modern Farmer as well. Because my beloved Hong Ki is in another drama and it's great.
Uh. So that was my life in the last few months. Hopefully, from here on out, I can post normally. Or at least, after the holiday season. Because I'm going to be busy. But in January, I'm really going to try. (sorry for all the rambling and probably-run-on sentences, I'm tired)

Glad to see you back! I'm bringing my blog back to life too since my tumblr blog is meh :P
ReplyDelete