Today there was a summer thunderstorm, the first of 2014. I love those light, sprinkling showers, cooling the air with bursts of thunder and little pricklings of light on the horizon.We hung the laundry out to dry, as it was sunny and warm, earlier this afternoon. When the rain first started, my siblings and daddy and I were painting and touching up in the living room. My mum came down and flew outside, calling to me and another sister to help her. We literally dropped our paintbrushes, tore off our gloves and ran outside after her.
I got quite wet, trying to hustle everything off the line and into the laundry basket. The rain really started coming down just as my sister and I stepped into the house, her carrying the basket and me carrying the clips.
And then it poured. The windows looked like someone was on the roof and dumping bucket-fulls down them.
So I took the only logical course; I went outside.
I was soaked in seconds, and literally dripping when I came back inside, though I only went out the porch for about three minutes. My feet were too wet to put back in my shoes, as I'd been outside barefoot.
I love summer showers. I really do. And I haven't been out in one for so long. Last year, I was at the hotel and all the rain was so dirty and filled with industrial sludge, it even felt gritty.
So now, being out in the cool rain and letting it soak me, felt so good. My ponytail is still dripping down my back, but my clothes have dried somewhat. Still damp, but then again, what can I do?
No comments:
Post a Comment