Sooo, last Sunday (yes, yes, this is late, but it hurt), I was peeling potatoes with my sister and the peeler slipped ripped off most of my left pinkie nail. It was bleeding everywhere and I was crying really hard and my sister was freaking out and yeah, it was a mess. Then my brother (who's studying to be a nurse, by the way), came in a helped us clean it up.
It really, really hurt and bled through three band-aids, so we had to use a good, old fashioned bandage secured with tape for it. It hurt. Really badly. They finished the potatoes and I sat and watched my other sister play a video game, not that I could see most of it, because I was crying. My mom and dad were out, because it was Mother's day and they had gone to a garden, so when they got back, it was really stressful to explain to them.
So I cried a lot. And bled a lot. And I ate a lot of peanuts, but that's not important. The next morning I had to change bandage and that hurt because the dried blood was stuck to the bandage. I had to soak it in warm water for like fifteen minutes, all while crying and chewing on this stress thing my mom gave me.
Yeah. It hurt.
That happened the next few times as well, but now it comes off easily. It still really, really hurts sometimes, though. At least I don't have to wash any of my dishes or pots. That's a plus. But that also means I really can't do a lot of things I'd like to. Like digging in the garden, planting spring flowers with my mom.
So, yeah. That was my bloody battle tale. I'm gonna go watch my sister play a video game and make cookies with her now.
Oh, Cori, you poor thing! I've cut myself with a peeler, and I know that ain't fun. I hope it heals okay.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Ouch, twin genes. We even injure ourselves in the same ways. It seems to be healing alright so far, I just hope the nail grows in right.
ReplyDeleteHa, yeah. I bet it will. I knew someone who got their finger caught in a wheel or something, and the nail was ripped off. It healed just fine, and you could never tell what happened. But I'll still be praying for you.
ReplyDelete*shivers* Ow. My sister has gotten her toe nail ripped off twice, one time it had a little trouble growing in right, so that's what scares me. Thank you.
DeleteYou're welcome. And twice? *double shivers* I'm sure you'll be fine, though. Don't worry. I'll be praying!
ReplyDelete